Position: Truss Designer
Location: Oceanside, CA
Duration: Full Time
- We Design and Build Quality Roof and Floor components
- A professional organization that enjoys and excellent work environment.
- Our reputation is one of integrity and Quality
- Headquartered in Oceanside, Southern California.
- We proudly support our Military and First responders
- This position is responsible for designing roof and floor truss systems. Reports directly to the Design Manager for assignments. Reviews project plans for constructability, code compliance and quality standards. Must have general construction knowledge and experience with Mitek design software.
Salary: Commensurate with Skill and education level
- Design assigned jobs in a timely manner.
- Work with Architect, Engineers and Builders to solve plan conflicts, providing written request for information, with possible solutions.
- Optimize the use of building materials during the design process.
- Work with the Facilities manager to assure, consistent flow of work to the factory.
- Must maintain an efficient and organized working environment.
- Effectively communicate with other team members.
- Assist in training and development of other designers as required.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance in accordance with work schedule
- Participate in on the job training and skill enhancement classes.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- High school diploma
- (Preferred) Associate degree or higher, with design background.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience designing Mitek and/or other design related software.
- General knowledge of construction industry.
- Strong math and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of current local codes associated with truss design
- Ability to effectively communicate with architects, engineers, customers and team members both orally and in writing.
- Must have own transportation.
This is an exempt, full-time position with benefits including:
- Generous Health and Dental Insurance assistance program
- Weekly pay period
- Paid Vacation (as accrued per company handbook)
- Paid Personal time (as accrued per company handbook)
- Paid Holidays (per company calendar)
Application Process: (send resume’ via)
1st class mail
507 Jones, Rd. Oceanside, CA 92058